The stress linked to hearing loss might direct you to avoid social situations and family gatherings because it’s tough to communicate with others. That is why wearing a hearing aid helps improve social, emotional, and mental health while restoring relationships. <–more!–>
Your hearing aids are an important part of continuing to do the things you enjoy in your community, so knowing when your hearing aids are still supplying the benefits you need or coming into us for an upgrade is an important part of maintaining an active social life. Click here to know more.
How Long Would Hearing Aids Last?
Generally speaking, hearing aids can last between three and five years, based on the hearing aid style and a variety of other variables. In-the-ear (ITE) tools function well for between five and four decades, whilst behind-the-ear (BTE) devices tend to have a five to six-year service lifetime.
Factors like maintenance and maintenance, vulnerability to moisture and elevated temperatures, and the build quality of the device can increase or decrease the effective life span of your unit too.
Reasons It Might Be Time to Update Your Hearing Aids
Along with the designed performance and performance of your hearing device, there are several reasons to consider upgrading your hearing aids.
To get the most benefit possible from the hearing aids, you should take advantage of an update in situations like:
- An Expired Warranty — The cost of replacement and repair, if your apparatus become damaged or misplaced, is an additional cost that many hearing aid wearers can not or do not want to cover.
- Extensive Repair History — Proper care and maintenance are necessary. However, if your device was in the store a lot, it is ideal to replace it until fixed costs become a major financial drain, particularly if the device is still in guarantee.
- Availability of New Technology — Hearing aid technology changes rapidly, which makes apparatus that are over five years old obsolete.
- Your Hearing Needs Have Changed — As you age or as your health issues alter, your hearing care needs also change; getting the most benefit from the device may require an upgrade.
- Adjustments to Your Occupation or Lifestyle — Some devices are ideal for a less active lifestyle or occupation; when these conditions change, greater benefits might come from an upgrade to another style of a device.
We Are Here to Help You Continue Your Journey to Better Hearing
Maintaining your relationships and enjoying a lively and independent social life are among the main benefits offered by your hearing aids. Learn more about the importance of hearing assessments right here.
When they perform as designed with suitable programming to satisfy your needs, they provide a broad range of benefits. Getting the most from wearing hearing aids may need an upgrade.
Fortunately, Cornerstone Audiology has got the experience and skill to know when your hearing aids are meeting your demands, or it’s time to make a change to a tool that enhances your hearing care. Visit their website cornerstoneaudiology.com for more information.
If you or a loved one is ready to update their devices or want advice on your choices, contact the friendly staff in our Lubbock or Snyder clinic to find out how we can help support you on your next actions to better hearing.